At MasterRoof Contracting, we understand how tricky it is to make decisions about roofing in Dayton, OH. We want to help homeowners make the best choices for themselves and their roofs. Here are some of the questions we get asked regularly.
1. When Should I Get a New Roof?
Choosing when to get a new roof is one of the most popular questions roofers in Dayton, Ohio, hear and can help with during consultations. There are signs you should look for when it’s time to replace your roof:
- Water Damage—if you see water damage or leaking, check if the source of the problem is coming from the attic, missing shingles, or blocked gutters.
- Missing Tiles/Shingles—misshapen or missing tiles are a sure sign that you need a repair job or even replacement. If you find shingles curled under or tucked away, this could expose your roof to bad weather and let in moisture.
- Moss and Mold—signs of bacteria growing could mean the shingles are being eaten away at, causing deterioration.
- Seeing Light—streaks of light beaming through your attic indicate you may be missing tiles or have a more serious structural problem.
If you’re unsure but see some of these signs, reach out to Dayton, OH roofers for their trusted advice.
2. Is a New Roof a Good Investment?
A new roof is an excellent investment, especially since it can increase the value of a property. Dayton, Ohio roofers also know it is one of the best ways to improve a home’s curb appeal, making it easier to sell. As a homeowner, you can also be sure that your new quality roof should last you 15-25 years, depending on the material, so you don’t need to replace it any time soon.
3. Will a New Roof Save Me Money?
If you want more than just a return on investment with your new roof, you can rest assured knowing that a new installation could lower your energy bills too. If you’re thinking about roofing in Dayton, Ohio, you can be sure that a new roof will save you money long-term.
4. Should I Replace My Whole Roof or Part of It?
Dayton, Ohio roofers say that this is one of the most common questions they advise on, and understandably, given the cost of a new installation. While our Dayton, Ohio roofers are experts in both repair and replacement, the most efficient option is to replace it. There are many layers to a new roof, such as leak barrier protection, ventilation, and lifetime shingles. Repairing each of these can lead to more than a new installation itself. If you need further advice, reach out to our roofers in Dayton, Ohio.
5. Can I Get a New Roof in Winter?
While winter isn’t the most popular season to choose to get a new roof, there’s no reason why not. Sometimes, it’s unavoidable, with fallen branches from snowstorms. Experienced Dayton, OH roofers can quickly and easily replace it no matter the season.