Have you noticed recent roof leaks, damaged shingles, or even sagging? Your roofing in Dayton, OH, needs help, but knowing what kind of fixes it needs is another matter.
Read on to learn everything you need to know about repairing, replacing, or patching your roof and which service you may need for your home.
Repairs to your roofing in Dayton, OH, could include anything from repairing your flashing to overlaying shingles. This is usually done when there’s minor damage or it’s a newer roof. Repairs address your entire roofing system, including shingles, gutters, siding, and shingles.
The benefits of repairing your roofing in Dayton, Ohio, include:
- Efficiency. Repairs are done quickly, and you may even be able to make some repairs yourself.
- Affordable. This is one of the cheapest things you can do to protect your home, especially compared to replacements.
- Extend the life of your roofing in Dayton, OH. Your system should last at least 15 years, but time and damage can weaken the system. Strengthen your protection so you can go longer between replacements.
- Avoid further weather damage. Once there’s a problem with your roof, winter weather, rain, wind, and even intense sun will continue doing damage. Rather than letting it do more harm that will lead to even more costly repairs for your roofing in Dayton, Ohio, strengthen your roof to stand up against upcoming weather.
Dayton, OH roofers can spot whether you need repairs during an inspection. But if you take a close look, even from the ground, you may be able to spot the signs early. These include:
- Missing shingles
- Damaged vents
- Granules in the gutters
When a repair wouldn’t get the job done, that’s when you need to call Dayton, Ohio, roofers for a replacement. It is more expensive than repairs, and it will take a little longer to get the job done. However, a replacement by roofers in Dayton, OH, ensures your home is protected.
Here’s what you should be on the lookout for when determining whether you need replacing rather than repairs.
- Depending on your roofing material, you’ve reached the milestone that these materials typically last — anywhere from 15-75 years since the last replacement.
- Frequent roof leaks
- Damaged roof flashing
- Extensive mold, moss, or algae present
When there is severe damage to the top of your house, but it is mainly located in one area rather than across the entire system, patching may be the best choice. Patching means replacing shingles or even providing a second overlay for extra protection. This is more affordable than replacing but more involved than repairs.
Look for these signs of damage. If you notice the damage is substantial in just one area of your roof, patching may be best. Look for:
- Damaged shingles — curling, worn, missing, etc.
- Cracked roof vents or flashing
- Damage in your attic
If you know something is wrong with your roof but you’re unsure what will help, call professional Dayton, OH roofers. They have the expertise to identify the best solution for your home and provide high-quality services to protect your home for many years to come.